Data protection plays a key role especially in the online sector. Matters such as Cross Device Targeting, Online Behavioral Advertising and Progammatic Advertising are not feasible unless data protection is properly taken into account. We are experts in these issues and advise significant numbers of technology providers, marketers, publishers and agencies in all aspects of data protection relating to the relevant laws such as the Genederal Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), and the German Telecommunications and Telemedia Data Protection Act (TTDSG).
In addition to the online marketing sector, we have particular expertise in the areas of eCommerce and eHealth.
In addition, we act as external data protection officer for our clients, whom we also advise on general questions of data protection, including on employee data protection.
Our legal services cover all aspects of national and international data protection, for example:
- controller-processor and joint controllership relationships
- international data transfers (EU model clauses (SCCs) and risk assessments (TIAs))
- cloud computing and big data
- online privacy (including website privacy policies and consent for tracking services)
- Real Time Bidding and Programmatic Advertising
- IT security, outsourcing and compliance
- employee data protection
- data protection impact assessments (DPIAs), especially in the eHealth sector
- assistance with applying for data protection quality certifications