Data protection plays a key role in the online sector. Matters such as Cross Device Targeting, Online Behavioral Advertising and Progammatic Advertising are not feasible unless data protection is properly taken into account. We are experts in these issues and advise significant numbers of technology providers, marketers, publishers and agencies in all aspects of data protection relating to the relevant laws such as the Genederal Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), and the Telemedia Act (TMG).
In addition, we act as external data protection officer for our clients, whom we also advise on general questions of data protection, including on employee data protection.
We also assist our national and international clients to obtain data protection compliance certifications.
Our legal services cover all aspects of national and international data protection, for example:
- controller-processor relationships
- Privacy Shield and EU model clauses
- cloud computing and big data
- online privacy (including website privacy policies and tracking services)
- Real Time Bidding and Programmatic Advertising
- IT security, outsourcing and compliance
- employee data protection
- assistance with applying for data protection quality certifications