Dr. Gero Brugmann
LAWYER AND PARTNER
Telephone +49.40.414000-0 Fax +49.40.414000-42
Structured finance in the field of intangible assets
- Advising on the development, structuring, financing (equity capital, loan capital and public sector funds), production and exploitation of national and international film projects (TV and cinema).
- Advising on the financing and production of video games in both national and international contexts.
- Clients include German as well as foreign production and distribution companies, developers and publishers, film studios, television channels, financiers, insurance companies and public bodies.
Copyright and media law, legal support for the production process (TV, film and video games)
- Legal support for media productions, from international feature films to student projects, and from large scale consoles or browser games through to mobile applications.
- Legal support for multiple prize-winning feature films, not only in terms of structuring, financing, rights clearance and rights exploitation, but also dealing with legal and practical matters in the course of the production process.
Security rights, banks and completion guarantees (TV, film and video games)
- Advising both national and international financial institutions on completing and securing financial transactions in the media world as well as on the terms and conclusion of completion guarantees for media productions. Clients include banks, investors, insurance companies and agencies.
- Universities of Kiel, Heidelberg und Hamburg
- Summer Student at Cassels, Brock & Blackwell LLP, Toronto, Canada
- Masters degree in Media, Communications and Information Technology Law at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- Doctorate in law (Dr. jur.) from the University of Hamburg
Lectures and presentations
- Visiting lecturer at the Hamburg Media School
- Seminar leader (Law) at events held by the Erich-Pommer-Institute (EPI)
- Numerous presentations on law at the "Film workshops" of the Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein Motion Picture Fund