Dr. Andreas Pense
LAWYER AND PARTNER
Copyright and Media Law (TV, film and entertainment)
- Comprehensive advice on national and international film projects and tv series (fiction, animation and documentaries) in all matters relating to rights clearance, development, structuring, financing (equity capital, loan capital, and public sector funding), insurance, production and exploitation.
- Clients (national and international) include talents, production and distribution companies, film studios, service providers, television channels, banks, financiers, insurance companies and public funding bodies.
- IFTA Arbitrator (International Film and Television Alliance, Los Angeles)
Structured finance in the field of intangible assets
- Transaction support, contractual arrangements and the provision of security in the context of project financing (film, TV and games) and corporate finance (IP, Finance).
- Clients, both German and international, include production and distribution companies, film studios, television channels, banks, financiers, insurance companies and public bodies.
- Business acquisitions and share acquisitions, cross border transactions (for example international co-productions), establishing foreign businesses in Germany
- One school year spent in the USA (school stay)
- Universities of Constance und Hamburg
- Master’s degree in Paris, MSJ, focusing on the law and economics of international trade
- Research associate at the Max-Planck-Institute for foreign and international private law in Hamburg
- Received doctorate (Dr. jur.) in the field of corporate law and comparative law
- Gabler Lexikon Medienwirtschaft (Gabler Dictionary of the Media Industry), 2nd Edition, 2011
- "The Film Finance Handbook", Davies/Wistreich (eds.), 2007
- "Der Agenturvertrag" (The Agency Agreement", in: Rechtshandbuch E-Business (The Legal Handbook of E-Business), (eds. Kaminski, Henßler et al), 2001
- Various contributions to the Journal "ZUM"
Lectures and talks
- Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg, Ludwigsburg (Lecturer)
- Film & Recht (Film & Law), in collaboration with the Motion Picture Fund Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein
- Deutsche Filmakademie (German Film Academy)
- German-French Film Meetings
- Alumnus of the German National Merit Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes e.V.)